VAN AND MINIBUS HIRE EXCESS INSURANCE
No hidden fees or credit card charges and great customer service
Questor Insurance has been providing vehicle hire insurance to its clients for 12 years. We pride ourselves on great customer service (take a look at our reviews) we are there with you every step of the way including help if you have a claim.
Intended for clients renting occasionally this product is not intended for tradesman renting a replacement vehicle or hired for reward.
Buying van or minibus hire insurance from Questor Insurance will also save you money and provide a wide range of cover and benefits compared to buying the excess waiver offered by some car hire companies.
Claiming under this policy could not be easier, an online claims system allows you to submit your claim and supporting documents at a time to suit you. No need to call, simple efficient and designed to make the process of making a claim as simple as buying your annual or daily car hire excess insurance - exactly the way it should be.
What you get
- Cover for vans and minibuses hired in the UK with …include trips to Europe up to 14 days in length
- Cover for the excess on the rental agreement up to £2,500
- Includes cover for tyres, windscreen, under body damage, towing and loss of use plus other benefits
- Cover for Vans up to 7.5 Tonnes or Mini-Buses with a maximum of 15 seats (including the driver).
- Covering drivers aged between 21 -84 permanently resident in the United Kingdom
- Must hold a valid internationally recognised driving licence or permit for the hire vehicle. This must be valid in the country in which you are travelling.
- Hiring a Van up to 7.5T or Mini-Bus with a maximum of 15 seats (including the driver). The vehicle can have a value up to £75,000 (excluding tax) at the hire agreement’s start date and is a maximum of 20 years old since the date of first registration.
- Customers who are non UK residents
- This policy will not cover the first £200 of any damage
- This policy will not pay any claim for third party death, injury or property.
- This policy will not cover any rental that has already commenced.
Please read the policy wording for a full list of all exclusions relating to this policy
All persons to be covered under this policy are:
- Aged between 21 and 84 years old.
- Hold a valid internationally recognised driving licence or permit for the hire vehicle. This must be valid in the country in which you are travelling.
- Not renting a motorcycle, commercial vehicle, camper van or mini-bus with more than 9 seats
- A permanent resident in the European Economic Area (EEA) at the time of purchase of this policy.
- This policy covers cars with a maximum of 9 seats (including the driver), with a maximum value of £75,000 at the hire agreement’s start date and is a maximum of 20 years old since the date of first registration.
- This policy is operative when the Policyholder or any other person named as lead driver on the certificate of insurance is shown as the lead driver on the car rental agreement
- Only rentals starting and finishing during the period of insurance are covered.
- This insurance excludes rentals that have already commenced.
- This insurance is only available to persons permanently resident in one of the countries listed below.
- The contract of insurance is subject to UK jurisdiction.
- All policies are liable for Insurance Tax as legislated for in your home country see below.
Claim Procedure - Policies Sold From 1st July 2014
Our claim handlers, Orchard Administration have set up an online submission process to make it quick and easy to submit your claim. Please go to https://claim.orchard-administration.co.uk you will need your certificate number and claim scheme code, both of which are shown on the certificate of insurance. If you are not connected to the Internet please call Orchard Administration on +44…
We are here to help
If after submitting your claim you encounter any service issues please feel free to contact us. Our staff have access to the claim systems and we can exert pressure to move matters along.
This insurance policy is underwritten by Lloyd’s Syndicate 4444 and 5380, which is managed by Canopius Managing Agents Limited. Registered Office: Canopius Managing Agents Limited, Gallery 9, One Lime Street, London, EC3M 7HA. Registered in England no. 01514453.
Canopius Managing Agents Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Firm Reference: 204847.
The policy is administered by Riverside Underwriting Limited. Riverside Underwriting Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Firm Reference: 466942.
Click on the links below for our Policy and Keyfacts documents:
- Policy document (PDF) - Car Hire Excess Insurance Policy Document
- Please continue throughout the quote process to view your Insurance Product Information Document
When purchasing an annual insurance policy, customers can select an option to automatically renew their policy each year, meaning that they have peace of mind knowing that they have continuous cover in place. If selected, the customer’s policy will automatically renew unless the policyholder has previously advised us that they do not want this policy to be renewed, or at renewal they have advised us that they no longer wish to renew this policy, or they are no longer eligible for cover.
We will still write to the policyholder prior to the expiring policy’s renewal date to remind them that this policy is due to be renewed and confirm the renewal premium. We will also highlight if the renewal premium has changed or there have been changes made to the terms and conditions of their policy.
Renewal premiums will again be collected from the specified credit or debit card that was originally used when setting up their policy.
We are entitled to assume at renewal that the policyholder’s details have not changed and they have the consent of the credit or debit card holder, unless the policyholder informs us otherwise. We will through our administrative bank, charge the payment details to the credit or debit card held on record for the renewal premium due.
- Policyholders should also be aware that we can only automatically renew this policy when:
- they have made us aware of any changes to their circumstances and/or information previously provided, if any;
- the credit or debit card details we have on record have not changed; and
the credit or debit card holder has given his or her consent for his or her card being charged at renewal.
If we are unable to auto-renew this policy (for example, due to payment card failure) or if the policyholder no longer meets the eligibility criteria for auto-renewal, we will notify the policyholder of this at least 14 days prior to the renewal date.