General Questions

All documentation can be accessed via your ‘My Questor’ account. If you have not yet created a ‘My Questor’ account, you will receive an activation email once you have purchased a policy. If you already have an account please LOGIN.

Once you have purchased your first policy with us you will receive an email asking you to activate your account. Follow the link and instructions in this email to log in.

If you already have an account please LOGIN.

Our company has made the decision to no longer send out documents in the post. By switching to a digital format, we are able to streamline our processes and improve efficiency, whilst also committing to environmental sustainability and minimising our paper consumption and carbon footprint.

You can access your documents via your online ‘My Questor’ portal, which provides a convenient and accessible way to access your documents at anytime and anywhere. Your online portal is completely secure and in adherence to data protection regulations.

First, check that payment has been taken from your bank account. If it has, check that the email has not gone into your junk or spam folder. If you are still unable to locate the confirmation email, please contact our customer service team who will investigate this further and locate your policy.

Renewal reminders will be sent 30 days, 14 days, and 7 days prior to your renewal date. There will also be a reminder sent the day after your policy has expired if you have not yet renewed. All renewal reminders will contain a link to renew your policy unless you have requested auto-renewal.

You can opt into auto-renewal by logging into your online portal, selecting your current policy and clicking the 'opt into auto-renewal’ button.

You can amend your policy by logging into your online account here. You will then have the option to amend certain aspects of your policy details, for example, optional extras, start date (if your policy has not yet commenced), and personal details. Alternatively, you can call our Customer Service Team on 0330 094 4330 and they will be able to assist you with any amendments.

For Single Trip policies, if you cancel any time before the start date of your period of insurance, then you will receive a full refund of the premium you have paid. If you cancel after the start date of your period of insurance, we will not refund any premium paid.

For Annual Multi Trip policies, if you cancel within 14 days of purchasing this policy or before inception, you will receive a full refund of the premium paid as long as you have not made a claim or intend to make a claim under the policy. If you cancel at any other time, we will not refund any premium paid.

All our customers will need to create an online account in order to view and download their policy documents. By having an online account, it allows our customers more freedom with amending and extending our policies even outside of office hours.

If you have held a policy with us in the last 3 years, you will be entitled to a 5% discount on your next purchase. You will then receive an additional 5% discount for each consecutive year you purchase with us up to 15%.

Discounts will automatically be deducted from your renewal quote, so to ensure that you receive your discount please use the renewal link in your renewal reminder email. This will be sent to you 30 days before your renewal is due with further reminders sent 14 and 7 days before your expiry date.

If you are a returning customer, and purchasing directly via our website, please ensure you use the same email address that you purchased with previously. Any discount you are eligible for will automatically be deducted at the payment stage.

We offer vehicle hire excess policies. These policies will cover you for the excess you are liable for on damage or theft to your hire vehicle. They will also cover damage caused to the vehicle’s wheels, auto-glass, underbody, and roof which can often be excluded from the rental company’s cover.

The vehicle types we are able to cover are: -

We have arrangements in place to offer our customers travel insurance and we also offer a policy to cover the excess you are liable for on your personal vehicle (Private Motor Excess Insurance). So, if you need to make a claim with your insurance company, on successful settlement of that claim, we will reimburse you the excess you have paid to your main insurance company. This policy come as a standard motor excess, young drivers excess or motorcycle excess.

Our policy is not affected by points on your driving licence. Therefore, as long as you are not in breach of your rental agreement by having points on your licence then our policy will continue to cover you.

Car Hire Insurance Questions

Our Dual Lead Driver option allows two people to both be listed as lead drivers on one policy. Both drivers must be close relatives who permanently reside at the same address shown on the certificate of insurance and are deemed to be joint policy holders.

This option allows both drivers to hire vehicles independently at the same time or different times.

This option is only available on Annual Multi Trip policies.

Collision Damage Waiver, also known as CDW, will provide you with cover up to £75,000 for the full cost of damage or theft to your hire car. This does not include cover for any third-party damage or theft.

This option is only available for purchase on our Worldwide policy and can only be used when travelling outside of Europe.

Please note, most rental companies include CDW as standard with their rental packages, so please ensure you check with your rental company as this optional extra will be worthless if CDW is already included.

We offer this optional extra as some non-European countries, such as America and Canada, may offer a car rental without CDW included. You will therefore be required to purchase your own CDW.

Collision Damage Waiver is not included in our Europe policy because most rental companies in Europe already offer this coverage as a standard part of their rental package. This means that purchasing our optional extra may not provide any additional benefits. However, we recommend that you double-check with your rental company to ensure that Collision Damage Waiver is included in your rental package.

Vehicle Battery Failure will reimburse you for charges applied by the rental company if the battery of a rented vehicle fails. This optional extra will cover costs relating to the following:

  • Replacing the battery, including any associated fitting costs.
  • Charging the battery
  • Vehicle replacement costs
  • Roadside assistance relating to the failed / flat battery

Vehicle Battery Failure will not provide cover for refuelling or administrative charges if you have simply failed to return your rented vehicle charged.

Most rental companies in Iceland exclude damage due to ‘wind-blown’ doors from their collision damage waiver / insurance. Other rental companies may also exclude damage caused by sand, ash, gravel etc unless additional cover is purchased.

Our Iceland Extension will provide cover for weather related charges arising from the incident for damage to the rented vehicle’s exterior that are specifically not covered by the collision damage waiver / insurance provided under the terms of your rental agreement.

The damage cover is limited to:

  1. Windblown doors
  2. Damage caused by sand, gravel, ash, pumice, or other earth materials.

This option only applies to vehicles rented in Iceland and provides cover for risks typically excluded from your rental agreement excess.

Our car hire excess single trip policy covers cars hired from a car club. If you require an annual cover, please purchase an annual car hire excess insurance policy and add the car club optional extra.

Please note that there is no cover where the car has been hired from a private individual or peer-to-peer platform.

Under our Car Hire Excess policy you will be covered for a vehicle with up to 9 seats designed for the carriage of passengers. This vehicle must be worth less than £100,000 at the time of hire.

If you are travelling on roads deemed for public use and accessible by any vehicle then you will be covered whilst driving through a National Park. Please note you will not be covered if driving as part of a safari or off-road adventure trail.

There are no restrictions on an upper age limit to purchase our policies. As long as your rental company have authorised you to hire a vehicle then you will be eligible to purchase our Car Hire Excess policy. Please note the minimum age limit is 21 years old.

Our Car Hire Excess policy will cover you for the excess you are liable for on damage or theft to your hire vehicle up to £10,000. We also offer additional benefits such as cover for your tyres, wheels, windscreen, underbody, or roof of the rented vehicle, misfuelling, key cover, personal effects, loss of use, towing and administration charges. Please see our Car Hire Excess Insurance for a full and in-depth explanation of cover.

Our main exclusions are: -

  • Damage to another person, vehicle, or property
  • Any claims for wear and tear or mechanical breakdown
  • Vehicles supplied by a peer-to-peer or subscription service
  • Any amount above your excess liability as stated by your rental company, unless covered separately under a different section of our car hire excess policy.

Please see our Car Hire Excess Insurance for a full and in-depth explanation of cover.

Our product is designed to cover the excess for which you are responsible under your rental agreement when you rent out a vehicle. Our product also provides cover for the wheels, tyres, roof, windscreen, and underbody which rental companies tend not to include within the excess. In addition, there are number of other coverages for charges such as administration fees, misfuelling, key cover and more. Please see our policy wording for a full and in-depth list of the coverages.

Most rental companies, especially within Europe, include third-party insurance and collision damage insurance in their basic rental package leaving you responsible for an excess. A number of rental companies will attempt to push you into buying their excess waiver when you collect your vehicle. This is generally much more expensive than purchasing our product and offers no greater protection. We always recommend that you read the terms and conditions of your rental agreement as each rental company is different and a minority may have unusual exclusions.

Our policy does not provide cover for third-party damage. This should be covered by your rental company but please check your terms and conditions with them to make sure.

Van and Minibus Excess Insurance

There is a £200 excess to pay on any claim made under the excess reimbursement section of our van and minibus policies. This is due to the higher risk on van and minibus hires.

The maximum length of hire is 14 calendar days for both van and minibuses.

Unfortunately, we are unable to cover a minibus with more than 15 seats including the drivers. We can only cover a minibus with between 10 to 15 seats. A vehicle with 9 seats or less including the driver and designed for the carriage of passengers will be covered under our Car Hire Excess policy.

Our definition of a van is ‘A vehicle up to 7.5T designed specifically to carry goods (excluding trucks).’

Our definition of a minibus is ‘A vehicle up to 7.5T designed to carry up to 15 people including the driver’.

Our van and minibus policies will cover you up to £2,500 for the excess you are liable for on damage or theft to the hired vehicle. We also provide cover for tyres, wheels, windscreen, Undercarriage and Roof.

Please note there is a £200 excess on any claim made under the excess reimbursement section of this policy.

Motorhome/Campervan Excess Insurance

Our definition of a motorhome is ‘A vehicle up to 7.5T which includes fixed sleeping and cooking facilities’.

There is a £350 excess to pay on any claim made under the excess reimbursement section of our motorhome policy. This is due to a higher risk on motorhome hires.

Unfortunately, we do not offer a zero-excess policy for motorhome hires. The excess payable on our motorhome excess policy is £350 (this is only applicable to the excess reimbursement section).

Our motorhome hire excess policy is only available for customers hiring a motorhome. We do not provide cover for customers looking to hire out their own motorhomes.

We are unable to provide cover for peer-to-peer rentals , this includes borrowing a motorhome from a friend.

Our motorhome policy will cover you up to £2,500 for the excess you are liable for on damage or theft to the hired vehicle.

Please note there is a £350 excess on any claim made under the excess reimbursement section of this policy.

The maximum length of hire is 45 days on our motorhome hire policies.

Motor Excess Insurance Questions

Excess protection insurance protects the excess on commonly purchased personal insurances. A policy can be purchased to insure the excesses on your car, motorcycle or van providing you with an additional level of protection. Check out ourMotor Excess Protection Insurance policy for more details.

Our policy will protect the excess that you are liable for under your main insurance policy, except where the claim was for glass repair or replacement.

The Annual limit is the total amount of excess you can claim back in the 12 months of your policy period. It is an aggregate limit so you may have several claims but once your limit is reached the policy automatically expires.

Depending on the amount in total you wish to have, we offer 3 different Annual Limits:

  1. £350
  2. £750
  3. £1000

Cover will only operate when the excess of the main insurance policy is exceeded following a successful claim payment.

You need to report a claim within 40 days of the incident or accident occurring and can do this in several ways:

Please login to the admin portal, locate your policy and start your claim from there.

If you have already set-up your claim you can login in to the claim portal using the same credentials as you have for the admin portal.

You need to provide ONE of the following; either:

  1. A copy of Your Questor Certificate of Insurance AND
  2. A copy of Your Settlement letter from your insurance company stating the amount settled and the excess deducted OR
  3. A copy of the Insurance Certificate showing the excess applicable and persons covered for the insurance.