Insure the excess when you hire a Motorhome.

When renting a motorhome or campervan the hirer, that's you, is responsible for damage to the hired vehicle up to a limit known as the Excess. The amount of damage that you are responsible for will depend on the motorhome or campervan, from whom you have hired, your age, driving experience etc. The damage you are responsible for will include but not limited to accidental damage, malicious damage, theft, damage caused by another vehicle, chipped windscreens, tyres, loss of keys etc.

When you buy Questor's Motorhome or Camperavan Hire Insurance you will save money compared to purchasing the Excess Waiver offered by the Hire Company and we are confident that our product offers wider cover for the price paid.

How does Motorhome or Campervan Hire Excess Insurance Work?

You have a number of options when purchasing a policy from Questor Insurance. We only offer Motorhome or Campervan Hire Insurance to cover a single hire agreement upto 45 days in length. We cover hire agreements for the UK or Europe.

What's Included

Description Cover Excess
Excess Reimbursement £2,500 £350
Tyres, Windscreen, Roof and Underbody £2,500 £0
Administration Charges £500 £0
Towing £500 £0
Key Cover £500 £0

How do we Handle Claims?

Our sister company Orchard Administration has been handling claims for our customers since July 2014 that is a total of days. Orchard has invested heavily in technology to enable you to quickly and painlessly lodge a claim and you will receive the very best customer service. Don't take our word for see below for genuine reviews from real customers who have submitted a claim.

None of our competitors provide such a public review of their claims service.

TrustPilot Reviews - Claim Handling

Who is Covered by this Policy?

Any person:

  • Permanently resident in the United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Island), Isle of Man, Jersey or Guernsey.
  • Aged at least 23 at the time of purchase
  • Named on the van hire agreement

The policyholder must be the person hiring the vehicle.

What is not Covered?

This policy does not cover:

  • Cars, vans, minibuses and motorcycles
  • Any motorhome/campervan valued more than £100,000 or more than 7.5Tonnes.
  • Any hire not in the name of the policyholder.
  • Any Motorhome or Campervan hire agreement which commenced before the policy start date or concludes after the policy expiry date.
  • Any damage to another person's property or bodily injury also known as third party liability.

Jargon Buster


The amount you must pay when you damage the hired motorhome/campervan. The amount should be clearly stated on the Motorhome/Campervan agreement.

What is a Motorhome or Campervan?

A vehicle up to 7.5T which includes fixed sleeping or cooking facilities.

Malicious Damage

When the motorhome/campervan is intentionally damaged by a person other than the hirer or someone travelling with the hirer.


When the wrong fuel is accidently put into the vehicle.

Administration Charges

Fees charged by the hire company when the vehicle is damaged during a hire agreement.


Means England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Irealand, Channel Islands and the Isle of Man.


Means Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the United Kingdom. Additionally, islands in the Mediterranean, Morocco, Tunisia, Turkey, Canary Islands, Madeira, and the Azores.

Other Information

The Insurer

Riverside Underwriting Limited is registered in England and Wales (06201617). Registered address: Bryant House, Bryant Road, Strood, Rochester, Kent, ME2 3EW. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 466942). This insurance is provided by Riverside Underwriting Limited t/as Questor Insurance which is registered in the UK, and is underwritten by Fortegra Europe Insurance Company SE (Malta Company Registration Number C84703).

Policy Wording

Motorhome Hire Excess Insurance Policy.

Your Right to Cancel

This policy can be cancelled anytime up to the start date of the policy. If you cancel the policy we will provide you with a full refund.