It's hard to believe it but 2014 is almost drawing to a close! For those travellers who already have the trip of a lifetime firmly within their sights for 2015, the charms of South East Asia are set to prove an irresistible lure, according to the latest ranking.
Tripadvisor's Travellers’ Choice Destinations on the Rise placed several destinations in South East Asia in its top ten with Da Nang in Vietnam taking the crown for the 'must-visit' destination of 2015.
With hotel prices coming in at an average of £32 in the city and tranquil beaches, culinary tours and Buddhist sanctuaries and more on offer - the city offers the perfect holiday choice for those travellers who are truly seeking to get away from it all.
One Tripadvisor traveller revealed why they think the city has grown in popularity, saying:
“If you like to be among the locals, watching daily life without any souvenir shops and tourist hassle, it's a good place. The main attraction in my eyes is the river front with the new bridges, illuminated at night. On weekends don't miss the dragon bridge, the most interesting place in Da Nang.”
The ranking continued with the following destinations:
2. Sihanoukville, Cambodia (Average nightly hotel rate: £62)
3. Limassol, Cyprus (Average nightly hotel rate: £92)
4. Ao Nang, Thailand (Average nightly hotel rate: £43)
5. Bodrum City, Turkey (Average nightly hotel rate: £81)
6. Naha, Japan (Average nightly hotel rate: £53)
7. Hurghada, Egypt (Average nightly hotel rate: £63)
8. Kazan, Russia (Average nightly hotel rate: £68)
9. Manaus, Brazil (Average nightly hotel rate: £58)
10. Eilat, Israel (Average nightly hotel rate: £183)
“The results of this year’s awards show that South East Asia is clearly piquing traveller interest. While this part of the world has been firmly pinned on the travel trail for some time, it’s the region’s lesser known destinations that are now rising up to rival the more established tourist hotspots,” commented James Kay, TripAdvisor spokesperson.
Wherever you are heading to in the world, it's important to organise worldwide travel insurance in advance.
Date Created: 23/12/2014