Money Saving Tips
Holidays are the highlight of the year for many of us, however saving for that dream break can sometimes be rather tricky, especially when everyday life gets in the way. Knowing how important holidays are we have put together some simple saving tips, so you can go on that dream getaway!
- Save money by turning off light switches and electrical appliances when they are not in use.
- When food shopping, search for deals and when possible save money by switching to own brands. There’s no harm in stocking up on items you’re going to need especially, when they are on offer!
- Start walking – Save money by walking or cycling, rather than spending money on driving or getting the bus. Unable to start walking? Why not share the cost and consider a car share!
- Look after your car! When driving make sure your tyres are inflated to the recommended tyre pressure, not only will this help prolong the life of your tyres but it will help you save money on fuel.
- Reduce your food wastage by using a weekly meal planner and by cooking in bulk. Bulk cook foods that you can freeze to save money and time in the evening.
- Don’t just fill up at the nearest petrol station, search for the best prices.
- Stop paying for bottled water and re-use water bottles – you will be saving money while helping the environment.
- Draw up a realistic monthly budget to help you save. Give yourself an achievable savings goal each month, remember if saving goes well you could always have two holidays.
- Sign up to loyalty and cashback schemes, you could be earning cashback and points on items you would have purchased anyway!
- Most importantly shop around for deals on that perfect holiday – don’t be afraid to look for separate flights or transfers, sometimes you can bag yourself a great deal.
We want to help you save money for your holiday by providing you affordable comprehensive travel insurance. Click here or call us today on 0333 323 0090 for more information on our travel insurance.
Have some frugal saving tips? Tell us your holiday saving tips by tweeting us @QuestorIns
Date Created: 16/12/2015
Return to Blogs