This policy will not cover the hire of a car, motorhome or van
All persons to be covered under this policy are:
- Aged between 23 and 84 years old.
- Hold a valid internationally recognised driving licence or permit for the hire vehicle. This must be valid in the country in which you are travelling.
- Not renting a car, motorcycle or campervan
- A permanent resident in the UK
- This policy covers vans with a maximum weight of 7.5 tonnes or mini-buses with a maximum of 15 seats (including the driver) that have a maximum value at the rental agreement start date of £100,000 and not older than 20 years since the date of first registration
- This policy is operative when the Policyholder or any other person named as lead driver on the certificate of insurance is shown as the lead driver on the car rental agreement
- Only rentals starting and finishing during the period of insurance are covered.
- This insurance excludes rentals that have already commenced.
- This insurance is only available to persons permanently resident in one of the countries listed below.
- The contract of insurance is subject to UK jurisdiction.
- All policies are liable for Insurance Tax as legislated for in your home country see below.
Our claim handlers, Orchard Administration have set up an online submission process to make it quick and easy to submit your claim. Please go to https://claim.orchard-administration.co.uk you will need your certificate number and claim scheme code, both of which are shown on the certificate of insurance. If you are not connected to the Internet please call Orchard Administration on +44 (0)333 3230 095.
We are here to help
If after submitting your claim you encounter any service issues please feel free to contact us. Our staff have access to the claim systems and we can exert pressure to move matters along.
Riverside Underwriting Limited is registered in England and Wales (06201617). Registered address: Bryant House, Bryant Road, Strood, Rochester, Kent, ME2 3EW. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 466942). This insurance is provided by Riverside Underwriting Limited which is registered in the UK, and is underwritten by Fortegra Europe Insurance Company Ltd (Malta Company Registration Number C 84703).
Fortegra Europe Insurance Company Ltd is authorised under the Insurance Business Act 1998 of the laws of Malta to carry out general business, is regulated by the Malta Financial Services Authority of Triq l-Imdina, Zone 1, Central Business District, Birkirkara, CBD 1010, Malta, and is deemed authorised by the UK’s Prudential Regulation Authority. Fortegra Europe Insurance Company Ltd is subject to regulation by the UK’s Financial Conduct Authority under reference number 805770, and is subject to limited regulation by the UK’s Prudential Regulation Authority.
The policy is administered by Riverside Underwriting Limited. Riverside Underwriting Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Firm Reference: 466942. Riverside Underwriting Limited.
- Policy document (PDF) - Van and Minibus Hire Excess Insurance Policy Document
- Please continue throughout the quote process to view your Insurance Product Information Document